Saturday, June 8, 2013

Brunch, Beers, and Babes...

Sunday Funday...Fly Me To the Moon!

NC Was First In Beer Flight, Right?!



As an avid brunch and happy hour lover, Sunday Funday seems to fit the criteria of my idea of fun! So, I snagged my ol' roomie and headed out in search of a new GMO-free brunch place. We stumbled upon Zada Jane's Corner Cafe, and I am now obsessed! Oh, and did I mention their mimosas are da bommmbbb, and they serve breakfast all day?! 

Need a recommendation??

I ordered the Amaretto French Toast with Grits and a Side o' Taters...YUMMMMM! 













She's so happy...


After a couple of mimosas, we asked ourselves, "why stop while we're ahead?!" Soooooo, we challenged NoDa to BRING ON THE BEER, and WOW it listened! Like kids in a candy store, we were amazed to find that 2 of our favorite local breweries were in fact neighbors! And like a good neighbor, we decided to visit both...time to take flight!

First Flight, NoDa Brewing Company.




I love me some NoDa B brews! Flights are a great way to sample a variety of beers without gettin' super krunk. In addition to drinking, they have a running group that meets on Wednesdays around 6PM. I'm gonna hit that up soon for some running and beer action, my two loves! The brewery seems to be really down to earth and the staff were chill...the bartender picked out this great flight, YUM!

Zee Beer List:

  • Coco Loco
  • Jam Session Pale Ale
  • Ghost Hop
  • Hop, Drop 'n Roll


Second Flight, Birdsong Brewing Co.


Birdsong is absolutely beautiful stocked with a gorgeous patio filled with flowers, garden plants, and live music. I'll have to say, this place was more of my style...the people and staff were super friendly and inviting making it easy to take flight.









The Beer List:

  • Higher Ground IPA
  • Jalapeno IPA
  • Free Will Pale Ale
  • Up On The Sun Saison
*We both ordered the first two and changed up our last 2...I couldn't remember the 2 other beers that were in my flight, because I asked for her recommendations...ooopppsss?


And then, we got hungry again...

Last stop, Revolution Pizza & Ale House.

We figured a little Revolution Pizza would soak up the brews and resulted in the final Sunday Funday decision! Unfortunately, my phone had died by this point...so, I can't show our yummy pizza-BOO! I suggest scanning their menu for my favorite pizza, The "Fun Guy" loaded with Mushrooms and Jalapenos. It's the best!


Another Sunday Funday Complete! Have a Suggestion?! I wanna know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment