Monday, October 22, 2012

Friday "Fun Day" Food Trucks!

Ding! Ding! Ding! Pack o' Cupcakes: Round 2...
After all, I like a Good Challenge!


Good Eats: Food Truck Friday.
Cold-Brew: Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale.

Food Truck Fridays are beginning to become a favorite outdoor activity of mine! Gourmet Food Trucks just a quick walk from my apartment and it's byob...what more could you ask for?! The South End Food Trucks are not your typical processed-junkie-fried-fair-foods; instead, a lot of the trucks use organic ingredients, support local farms, serve amazing flavor-combinations, and owned by brilliant chefs.

You are allowed to consume alcohol at this event within the truck perimeters but no alcohol is available for purchase. The Common Market is located right next to the food truck area and has an amazing craft beer and wine selection that you are able to carry over.

I suggest sampling a variety of foods a d trucks! Every Friday, I have noticed different trucks, menus, picnic tables (first come, first serve), and some times a movie screen! If you can't find a table, bring a blanket or lawn chairs, and make your own picnic spot.

Here is a list of trucks that I have had the pleasure of sampling:

The Tin Kitchen

This truck is Ah-mazing, and the very first truck that I sampled...BEST Veggie Tacos I've ever had, hands down! As per their Menu Description: Roasted Sweet Potato Hash, Stewed White Beans, Goat Cheese Crumbles, & a Fresh Herb Salad...yuuummmmyyyy!

Ryan & his Pork Belly Tacos
Kelly and her BBQ Beef Brisket Tacos with Chips & Salsa 
The Herban Legend

I have eaten at The Herban Legend two times and both equally satisfying...my brother agrees!! The first dish I had is their Fried Green Tomato Grilled Cheese and as per the Herban Legend Menu Shawarmn: an Arabic Style seasoned Grilled Chicken, Tzatziki Sauce, Tabouleh, and Tomatoes wrapped in a Middle Eastern Flatbread.

Herban Legend: Fried Green Tomato Grilled Cheese 
Shawarma courtesy of The Herban Legend Website
I forgot to take a picture...Boooo!


Sometimes it's hard to find a Vegetarian option. This past week, I settled for turkey...bad girl! Turkey And... was super delicious, and I would definitely recommend their Turkey Burger with Fries (shh...)!

I have yet to try out:
  • Papi Queso (I thought this place was Burgers but just found out via Twitter it's a Gourmet Grilled Cheese Truck-trying this next time)...Update: tried, see below.
  • Wingzza Truck: Wings and Pizza...
  • AutoBurger & FryGuys: This line is always busy, but I don't eat burgers anymore...I opted for their Bean Burger, and I absolutely loved it!!! SUPER AMAZINGLY Delicious!!!!
  • NapolitanosMkt: An Italian Truck
Now, it's time for some super-yummy dessert...


Last Friday, I had the pleasure of indulging in 2 Cupcake Rounds...Go Team!! I tried the Red Velvet Cupcake and a Chocolate Hazelnut-infused Cupcake...Oh myyyyy, super good!! $10/4-pack. My friends sampled a Rainbow Vanilla Cupcake and a Pumpkin Cupcake paired with a Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale...great choices as well!

Southern Cake Queen
Southern Cake Queen Cupcake Round 2..Go Tanya!

Babies & Kiddies are welcome, my 4 year old niece loves the food truck rallies...

Don't be shy, get out there and be somebody!

Food Truck Update 10.26.2012

Papi Queso: this Gourmet Grilled Cheese Truck has excellent flavor combinations, and I am so glad that I tried it out this past weekend! My brother and 5 friends also ate dinner from this truck and the general consensus, AWESOMELY DELICIOUS!

Papi Queso: Mushroom and Leek Grilled Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment