Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Oktoberfest...Drink Some Beer!

Food and Beer Have No Fear!
Oktoberfest, Wish I was in Germany...

\
Just me and my Dirndl...
Authentic German Dirndl which came with the name, Christine-HA!

Last year, I was super lucky and took a trip to Germany, my muse, Oktoberfest! Munich is the prime location for Oktoberfest and begins in September. The festival is filled with beer tents, great food, rides, and pure awesomeness! MEH...did I mention, I wanna go back, NOW?! My friend who lives in Germany purchased a Dirndl for my Roommate and I, and we enjoy taking 'em out for a spin. 

We have worn our Dirndls to the VGBG located in Charlotte, NC which has some amazing beers and comes recommended with some great outdoor patio fun too...food isn't authentic, a step up from bar food.
Big Beers

VGBG: Dirdnl Debut with my Roomie, Keelia


Last year, when I returned from Germany, I was in dire need of more beer...thanks a lot Germans! Soooooo, my brother and I, checked out the Waldhorn, an authentic German restaurant located in South Charlotte, and it was fantastic! Such a cute little hub! I, of course had to surprise my bro by showing up for our Oktoberfest dinner in my Dirndl-HA...

SURPRISE
We enjoyed the following Waldhorn goodness.. 

Appetizer: Gebackener Ziegenkäs
Goat cheese, spinach & sun-dried tomatoes wrapped & baked in Phyllo dough.

EntreeRindsrouladen: 
Braised Beef Rouladen stuffed with bacon, onions and pickle, served with Spätzle and red cabbage




The meat portion of this dish was a little over-cooked for a our liking...I suggest asking it for a little "less done" but otherwise very good!

DessertSchwarzwälder Kirschtorte:
Homemade Black Forest Cake, chocolate cake with cherry filling & homemade whipped cream

Chow Down






Waldorn Black Forrest Cake

Beers: Don't Remember...too many HAHA

Oktoberfest Beers
Now for your last Oktoberfest option...I have not been to this place, only heard of it. It is the                 42nd Annual Oktoberfest held in Helen, GA until Sept 20th-Oct 28. Don't miss out on this, it's supposedly awesome with camping and cabins, and it is set-up like a mini-Germany! I am going to try and attend this at some point this year and will letcha' know how it went!!




I will be back this year for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment