Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tamin' My Mane: Part 1

The Blonde Bombshell...
With great hair, you can conquer the world!

I have been blessed with an ever-so-thick wild mane...and of course, addin' a little blond never hurt anyone, right?? My current obsession has stormed the braid craze, and I can't seem to get enough!! It's official ladies, the loose-bun atop my head is a style of the past...a braid's just so much more darn cute!! 

Venture below for Part 1 of Tamin' My Mane consisting of my Top 3 Favorite Trendy Hairstyles...hair posts were discovered with the help of friends, through trial and error, and inspired by Pinterest re-pinned to Tamin' My Mane and attempted by yours truly...I have provided steps and tutorials for those willing to attempt...happy stylin'!!

Check My Girl, Vicki out at London Grace Salon and this great blog write-up I did for her, Here!

Style #1: The Wavy Side Updo worn by my muse, Sarah Hyland
The Golden Globe Awards 2012 courtesy of Marie Claire

My Version:
Attempted as a Bridesmaid Sept 2012
Time:15-20 Mins...30 if, you're really slow...

How to Attempt Beauty For Long & Short Hair:

1. Loose Curls: section your hair off & curl
Tip: I am not the best curler and HATE that it takes forever with long hair...that all changed when, I ordered the Remington Curling Wand. It's SUPER quick (5mins for my hair) and easy!! You just wrap your hair around it and pull-done, perfect curl...your welcome!

2. Pull to One Side: Tip: if you have longer hair, twist your hair once when pulling it to one-side leaving a cute horizontal twist and shortening hair for an easier pin-up process and hold.

3. Place in a loose side-bun: Simply twist your hair until it forms a bun at the appropriate length, just below and slightly touching your ear, with loose strands layered until they are just above your shoulder, and pin enough to secure.

4. Twist & Pin: Take the remaining curls, twist, and pin around your bun
*Add a big white flower, little flowers, or a jeweled-pin for extra sass!!

And Voila...
Classy Hair-do


Back Hair Twist to shorten long hair and add interest
Laura's Wedding by Solarbear Imaging


Style #2: The Side-Fishtail Braid:

Believe it or not, I was taught and learned of the Side-Fishtail Braid from a little 9-yr-old girlie, who had learned from a web tutorial from youtube...WOW!! I suggest viewing Lauren Conrad's Fishtail Tutorial for an easy step-by-step fishtail guide.



My Version:
Attempted before work August 2012
Time: 5 minutes

And Voila...

My first Fishtail



Outdoor Portrait Creations Session


Style #3: Frizz-free Locks

I am always looking for safe products without harsh chemicals, artificial dyes, preservatives, & scents. I suggest Aubrey Organics and their super amazing smelling Honeysuckle Shampoo & Conditioner.

My Version:
Time: 2-5 Minutes

1. Brushing: I suggest a Boar's Hair Bristle Brush to maintain strong hair, shine, and anti-frizz.
2. Hair Balm: Real Organic Unrefined Shea Butter actually has a pine scent and when mixed with Essentials Oils can be an amazing skin and hair product. It's anti-bacterial properties rid the potential threat provided by other unnatural oily & refined hair products that may clog your skin's pores causing acne & damage your hair while absorbing and spreading harsh chemicals into your skin, lungs, and eyes!
Tip: I suggest African Black Soap & Honey and Black Seed Oil Body Shea Butter by Nubian Heritage (Ha- Yes, I know I'm a white girl). I use these products on my skin and rub the remaining Shea Butter into my hair for an amazing smell and great anti-frizz for the whole day!!
*live in the Charlotte Area?? I purchase my Shea Balms at The Healthy Home Market!
3. Hairspray (Optional): I do not usually use hairspray, but I know that some ladies can't live without it! Top off your hair with this great Aubrey Cosmetics Hairspray that smells naturally wonderful and works even better!
4. Air-dry Loose-Curl: Place Shea Balm on hair sparingly and and it'll dry frizz-free...if frizzy, add a little more post-dry.

Out at Vida, the best Mexican, I've had in a long time...highly recommend it...with my Niece, Adelyne!
OR

Blow-dry Straight and Sleek: Blow-dry with a boar's head brush after air-drying for 10-15mins and Apply Shea Balm sparingly until sleek and you're good to go with NO straightener needed!! Tip: Apply bottom to top near tips and follow to your scalp allowing balm to wear-off...then, top to bottom pulling the little amount of balm from your scalp to the hair tips causing less oil to surface near your scalp...LESS IS MORE!! Do NOT apply a lot or your hair will bring about those ever so horrible Jersey Shore qualities! UGGGGHHH!!

Boar's Head Brush and Benefits!
And Voila...


Loose Curls, no frizz


Straight hair, no Straightener..use the wax shea butter!!

Shea Balm Sleek and Sexxxyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment